Information You May Need To Know About James Haven
- Haven Biography
- Haven Age
- Haven Family
- Haven Height
- Haven Wife
- Haven Net worth
|Net Worth||45 million|
|Height/ Weight||1.85 m|
James Haven Biography
James Haven Voight is an American actor and producer. The son of actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand, and the older brother of actress Angelina Jolie.
James Haven Age
Haven is an American native-born(on May 11, 1973) in Los Angeles, California. He is currently 47 years old.
James Haven Height
1.85 m in height.
James Haven Family & Young
Haven is born to the American actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand. His younger sister is Angelina Jolie, who is also an actress. Their uncles are the singer-songwriter Chip Taylor and the geologist and volcanologist Barry Voight.
He is also the uncle of Maddox Jolie-Pitt, Shiloh, Zahara, Pax Thien, Knox Leon, and Vivienne Marcheline. James Haven is the former brother-in-law of Billy Bob Thornton, Jonny Lee Miller, and Brad Pitt.
On his father’s side, Haven is of German and Slovak descent, and he is of French-Canadian, Dutch, Polish and German ancestry on his mother’s side. Albeit Bertrand says she had Iroquois ancestry, Voight states that Bertrand is “not seriously Iroquois,” and a Huron woman born in 1649 is her only known Native American ancestor.
After his parents’ separation in 1976, Haven and his sister are brought up by their mother. She moves with them to Palisades, New York, giving up acting. A decade later, when Haven is 13, the family relocates back to Los Angeles, where he attends Beverly Hills High School.
After his graduation, he enrolls at the USC School of Cinema-Television. While at the University of Southern California, he receives a George Lucas Award for a student film he directed starring his sister.
James Haven Wife
James Haven & Girlfriend Ashley Reign: James started dating fellow actress Ashley Reign in 2011, the couple has been seen together since then, ‘keeping the relationship away from media helps’ claims Ashley. He and Ashley have worked together on projects like- Easy Silence(2013), That’s Our Mary(2011)
James Haven Actor
Haven starts his professional acting career in 1998. He has minor roles in several films starring his sister, Angelina Jolie, namely Gia (1998), Hell’s Kitchen (1998), and Original Sin(2001).
Haven also appears in Monster’s Ball (2001), which starred his sister’s then-husband, Billy Bob Thornton. He appears in a 2004 episode of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and the 2007 episode of The Game.
Haven is the executive producer of the documentary Trudell, which chronicles the life and work of Santee Sioux artist and activist John Trudell. Trudell was an official selection at the Sundance Film Festival and the Tribeca Film Festival; it wins the Special Jury Prize for Best Documentary at the Seattle International Film Festival.
Since 2006, Haven is the executive board director of Artivist, a festival in Los Angeles that highlights films addressing human rights, animal rights, and environmental issues.
He serves as executive producer to the short comedy film That’s Our Mary, following two actresses awaiting the final casting decision for the role of the Virgin Mary at a faith-based film studio.
James Haven Facts
- He is a tiny part native American, his great grandmother Catherine Anenontha, 8 generations back in the 17th century was a Native American.
- Haven often acts in the projects directed by director Kurt Kuenne.
- He attended Oscars twice, once with his father Jon Voight in 1986 next time with sister Angelina Jolie in 2000 who won that year and dedicated it to her brother.
- Controversy: In her winner’s speech she mentioned that she is ‘in love’ with her brother, which the magazines picked up and suspected incest, which was dismissed by both brother and sister as bizarre.
- Kissing Angeline Jolie on the lips: While celebrating the Oscar win (in 2001) of Angelina Jolie for Girl, interrupted James kissed his sister on her lips adding to the gossip. Some called it a publicity stunt, Some an innocent kiss of joy.
- Artivists: James is among the board of directors of the Artivist Film Festival & Awards- the organization is dedicated to recognizing activist efforts of artists. Past board members of the group include- Tippi Hedren, Joaquin Phoenix, Daryl Hannah, Matthew McConaughey
- Relationship with father: He had an estranged relationship with his father Jon Voight, he dropped the last name ‘Voight’ and used ‘Haven’ as his last name, after his mother’s death in 2007 he got closer to his father, they have worked together as well.
- Born-again Christian: After his mother’s death in 2007, he became religious, he renewed his Christian vows and became devoted in 2009.
- AIDS work with Rick Warren: He worked with the pastor to spread awareness about AIDS, he wishes to world with people of all religions who are willing to work with him.
- It is speculated in the media that James’ close relationship with sister Angelina Jolie troubled Brad Pitt a bit and could have factored in their separation. Brad is believed to be angry at him for his coming in between.
- James is close with his nieces and nephews, he often visits them at their home. Past Angelina Jolie’s separation from Brad Pitt James is believed to be helping his sister take care of kids.
- Core Cause Foundation: He founded the nonprofit organization.
- He has worked as an honorary Advisor at the Harvard on Global Issues.
- Pepfar bill: James lobbied in Washington to get the bill reauthorized, the bill dealt with education reform of all Native American tribes.
- Heavenly Blue foundation: He is a co-founder of the organization.
James Haven Net Worth
He has a net worth of $5 million dollars genuinely generating it from his professional acting and plus he grew up in a family devoted to showing business.