Jeff Franklin Biography
Jeff Franklin is a filmmaker, screenwriter, and producer based in the United States. He is most well-known for being the originator of the television series Full House, as well as other sitcoms, such as the spin-off series Fuller House, Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, and also Malcolm & Eddie. His work has garnered him a lot of recognition over the years.
Jeff Franklin Age
Jeff was born on January 21, 1955, in Inglewood, California. He is 68 years old.
Jeff Franklin Full House
Jeff began his career in television by working as a writer and director for the television shows Laverne & Shirley and Bosom Buddies. Jeff proposed the idea of his own program to ABC, which he called “House of Comics,” and it would have centered on the lives of three comic book artists living together.
After learning that ABC was searching for a family sitcom, Franklin decided to add children to the original concept. This led to the creation of the show Full House, which was broadcast on ABC from 1987 until 1995.
Jeff Franklin Fuller House
On April 20, 2015, Netflix made the announcement that the streaming service had acquired the rights to broadcast thirteen episodes of the successor series Fuller House. It was also revealed that Jeff, along with Robert L. Boyett and Thomas L. Miller, would be in charge of supervising the production.
On February 26, 2016, the first season’s premiere, which consisted of all thirteen segments, was broadcast. In 2017, the critically acclaimed and commercially successful series was running its fifth season on Netflix.
In February of 2018, Jeff was terminated from his role on the Fuller House television series following allegations that he used foul and offensive language both in the writers’ room and on the set of the show.
Jeff Franklin Personal Life
Jeff is not gay since she had dated only women though he has kept his love life away from the public. Jeff bought 10050 Cielo Drive in 1994, the site of the Tate murders in 1969.
The French country-style home was eventually demolished and replaced by a mansion designed by architect Richard Landry. He listed for sale another house designed by Landry in the Hollywood Hills for US$30 million in 2014.
Jeff Franklin Movies
- 1985: Just One of the Guys (co-writer [with Dennis Feldman])
- 1987: Summer School (screenwriter)
- 1999: Love Stinks (writer, director)
- 1999: Stuart Little (executive producer)
Jeff Tv Shows
- 1979: The Bad News Bears (screenwriter)
- 1979–81: Laverne & Shirley (screenwriter)
- 1982: Bosom Buddies (producer)
- 1984: Young Hearts (movie; screenwriter)
- 1987: It’s Garry Shandling’s Show (producer)
- 1989: Wally and the Valentines (movie; writer, executive producer)
- 1987–92: Full House (creator; executive producer seasons 1-5)
- 1997: Head Over Heels (creator; executive producer)
- 1994–97: High Tide (co-creator)
- 1992–97: Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper (creator; executive producer)
- 1996–99: Malcolm & Eddie (TV) (executive producer)
- 2010: Love That Girl! (executive producer)
- 2011: The Last Resort (movie; executive producer, writer, director)
- 2016–present: Fuller House (creator; executive producer seasons 1-4)
Jeff Franklin Net Worth
Jeff has an estimated net worth of $180 million.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.