Jeff Franklin Biography
Jeff Franklin is an American producer, screenwriter, and director. He is best known for being the creator of the television series Full House, as well as other sitcoms, such as the spin-off Fuller House, Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper, and also Malcolm & Eddie.
Jeff Franklin Age
Jeff was born on January 21, 1955, in Inglewood, California. He is 66 years old.
Jeff Franklin Full House
Jeff started his television career as a writer and producer for Laverne & Shirley and Bosom Buddies. Jeff pitched his own show to ABC called “House of Comics” which featured three comics living together.
ABC was looking for a family sitcom, so Franklin added children, and the idea evolved into the show Full House, which ran on the ABC network from 1987 to 1995.
Jeff Franklin Fuller House
Netflix announced on April 20, 2015, the streaming service would pick up thirteen episodes of Fuller House, a sequel to Full House. It also announced Jeff would oversee the production along with Robert L. Boyett and Thomas L. Miller.
The thirteen 13 episodes of the first season premiered on February 26, 2016. In 2017 the series, which has been a major hit for Netflix was in its fifth season.
Jeff was fired from Fuller House in February 2018, after complaints about verbally abusive and vulgar language in the writers’ room and on the set of the series.
Jeff Franklin Net Worth
Jeff has an estimated net worth of $180 million.
Jeff Franklin Personal Life
Jeff is not gay since she had dated only women though he has kept his love life away from the public. Jeff bought 10050 Cielo Drive in 1994, the site of the Tate murders in 1969.
The French country-style home was eventually demolished and replaced by a mansion designed by architect Richard Landry. He listed for sale another house designed by Landry in the Hollywood Hills for US$30 million in 2014.
Jeff Franklin Movies
- 1985: Just One of the Guys (co-writer [with Dennis Feldman])
- 1987: Summer School (screenwriter)
- 1999: Love Stinks (writer, director)
- 1999: Stuart Little (executive producer)
Jeff Tv Shows
- 1979: The Bad News Bears (screenwriter)
- 1979–81: Laverne & Shirley (screenwriter)
- 1982: Bosom Buddies (producer)
- 1984: Young Hearts (movie; screenwriter)
- 1987: It’s Garry Shandling’s Show (producer)
- 1989: Wally and the Valentines (movie; writer, executive producer)
- 1987–92: Full House (creator; executive producer seasons 1-5)
- 1997: Head Over Heels (creator; executive producer)
- 1994–97: High Tide (co-creator)
- 1992–97: Hangin’ with Mr. Cooper (creator; executive producer)
- 1996–99: Malcolm & Eddie (TV) (executive producer)
- 2010: Love That Girl! (executive producer)
- 2011: The Last Resort (movie; executive producer, writer, director)
- 2016–present: Fuller House (creator; executive producer seasons 1-4)