Krista Marie Yu Biography
Krista Marie Yu is an American actress. She is best known for her roles on television. Krista played the main role of Molly Park on the ABC family sitcom Dr. Ken. It was announced in August 2018, that Yu would play the recurring role of Jen on Fox’s Season 7 of Last Man Standing. Fox announced on January 18, 2019, that Krista had been promoted to series regular.
Krista Marie Yu Age
Krista was born on October 25, 1988, in Berkeley, California. She is 32 years old.
Krista Marie Yu Height
Krista stands at an average height of 5 feet 2 inches (1.58 meters).
Krista Marie Yu Parents
Krista celebrates was born in Berkeley, California. Her parents are from Oakland, CA, though she was raised in Berkley, California. However not much is known about her parents and siblings. Krista spent most of her childhood figure skating, dancing, acting, and singing.
She graduated from Carnegie Mellon University’s School of Drama with a BFA in acting in 2011. Currently, she is of Chinese American nationality. Being a fifth-generation Chinese-American, Krista is proud of her Asian/White ethnicity.
The actress never grew up experiencing too much racial discrimination, but rather racial awareness and pride. When she did suffer racial discrimination, she was hurt but knew in her heart that they were just mean words and at the end of the day, how her pride for her ethnicity prevailed.
Krista Marie Yu Boyfriend
Krista is a very private person she does not post or talk about her love life in public. Despite that she is very active on social media, she likes to keep her dating life under covers. Her character, Molly has a boyfriend named Jae (played by Justin Chon) in the show, Krista is a single lady in real life. There aren’t any rumors about her even having a boyfriend.
Krista Marie Yu Switched At Birth
Krista loved acting, but she became certain of her love for performing after playing Claire in The Nutcracker on Ice. Later she decided to pursue a career in acting and joined an acting school. With her parents’ huge support, Krista set her goal to enter the entertainment industry. Even though there wasn’t much Asian representation in American Television, Krista didn’t let it hinder her but only worked harder to achieve her goals.
Currently, Krista has appeared in TV shows like The Thundermans, Cougar Town, Marvel’s Agent Carter, The Middle, Amazon’s Hand of God, and ABC Family’s Switched at Birth. When it comes to the big screen, Krista has appeared in the comedy Love Coopers and the horror thriller 6 Miranda Drive. Her big break was Dr. Ken., where she rose to fame as Molly, the American-Asian teenage girl who played Ken Jeong’s daughter.
Krista Marie Movies
- 2015: Love the Coopers – Lily the Florist
- 2010: Death to Romance – Hot Woman #2 (short film)
- 2002: The Theater of Martin Lim – Krista (short film)
Krista Marie Tv Shows
- 2018–2019: Last Man Standing – Jen (series regular)
- 2017: Just Another Nice Guy (TV miniseries) – Julia (main cast)
- 2015–2017: Dr. Ken – Molly (main cast)
- 2015: Hand of God – Courtney (Episode: “Your Inside Voice”)
- 2015: Agent Carter – Edith Oberon (Episode: “A Sin to Err”)
- 2013–2015: The Thundermans – Ashley (3 episodes)
- 2013: The Middle – Maya (Episode: “Hallelujah Hoedown”)
- 2013: Cougar Town – Girl (2 episodes)
- 2013: Switched at Birth – Colette (Episode: “Mother and Child Divided”)
- 2012: I’m Not a DJ (TV movie) – Translator
- 2012: Parenthood – Waitress (Episode: “Family Portrait”)
Krista Marie Net Worth
Krista’s net worth has not been disclosed, however, some sources estimated it to be around$1 Million. Her actual source of income is from her acting career.