Information You May Need To Know About Tim Robbins
- Tim Robbins Biography
- Tim Robbins Age
- Tim Robbins Net worth
- Tim Robbins Height
- Tim Robbins Young
- Tim Robbins Movies
- Tim Robbins Books
- Tim Robbins Quotes
- Tim Robbins Castle Rock
|Net Worth||$60 million|
|Height/ Weight||1.96 m|
About Tim Robbins
Tim Robbins (born Timothy Francis Robbins) is an American actor, screenwriter, director, producer, and musician. He is best known for his portrayal of Andy Dufresne in the prison drama film The Shawshank Redemption (1994).
Tim’s other notable roles include Nuke LaLoosh in Bull Durham, Jacob Singer in Jacob’s Ladder, Griffin Mill in The Player, and Dave Boyle in Mystic River. Following the roles, he won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor, and for directing such films as Dead Man Walking and Bob Roberts, both of which received critical acclaim. Tim received a nomination for the Academy Award for Best Director for Dead Man Walking.
He was born in West Covina, California, and raised in New York City. His parents are Mary Cecelia (née Bledsoe), who was an actress, and Gilbert Lee Robbins, who was a singer, actor, and former manager of The Gaslight Cafe. Tim has three siblings two sisters, Adele and Gabrielle, and a brother, David. He was brought up Catholic.
Education | Young
At a young age, Tim moved to Greenwich Village with his family, while his father pursued a career as a member of the folk music group, The Highwaymen. He started performing in theater at age 12 and joined the drama club at Stuyvesant High School (Class of 1976). Tim spent two years at SUNY Plattsburgh and then returned to California to study at the UCLA Film School, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Drama in 1981.
Tim Robbins And Susan Sarandon
Tim entered into a relationship with actress Susan Sarandon in 1988, whom he met on the set of Bull Durham. The couple is blessed with 2 sons: John “Jack” Henry (born May 15, 1989) and Miles Guthrie (born May 4, 1992). Both are, no lapsed Catholic, and they both share liberal political views. The end of their relationship was announced in late December 2009.
Castle Rock Season 1 featured a number of cast members who had previously appeared in King projects, and Season 2 continues that trend with the casting of The Shawshank Redemption actor Tim Robbins. It premiered on October 23, 2019.
Tim will be playing Pop Merrill, a character from “The Sun Dog,” a story in King’s 1990 collection Four Past Midnight. In Castle Rock, this character is a crime boss dying of cancer. Speaking to AARP, Robbins said of his character: “I prefer to play characters who are complicated morally, have secrets and are dealing with the ghosts of their pasts. And Pop was loaded with that.”
Films From the Year 2001 to 2017
- TBA – Dry Run
- 2017 – Marjorie Prime as Jon
- 2015 – A Perfect Day as B
- 2014 – Welcome to Me as Dr. Moffat
- 2013 – Life of Crime as Frank Dawson
- 2012 – Back to 1942 as Father Megan
- 2011 – Green Lantern as Senator Robert Hammond
- 2008 – The Lucky Ones as Fred Cheaver
- 2007 – Noise as David Owen
- 2006 – Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny as The Stranger
- 2005 – The Secret Life of Words as Josef
- 2004 – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy as Public News Anchor
- 2003 – Mystic River as Dave Boyle
- 2002 – The Truth About Charlie as Lewis Bartholomew
- 2001 – Antitrust as Gary Winston
Tim Robbins Tv Shows
- 2018 – Here and Now as Greg Boatwright
- 2015 – The Spoils Before Dying as Red-Vested Bartender
- 2014 – The Spoils of Babylon as Jonas Morehouse
- 2012 – Portlandia as Excellency
- 2011 – Cinema Verite as Bill Loud
- 2005 – Jack & Bobby as Pres. Robert McCallister (voice)
- 2003 – Freedom: A History of Us as Various voices
- 1999 – The Simpsons as Jim Hope (voice)
- 1992 – Saturday Night Live – Himself (host)
- 1986 – Amazing Stories as Jordan’s Phantom
- 1985 – Moonlighting as Fremmer
- 1984 – Legmen as Brewster Kingston
- 1982 – St. Elsewhere as Andrew Reinhardt
Some of Tim’s book is;
- Fahrenheit 451 – 2014
- The Great Gatsby – 2018
- Howard the Duck – Ein tierischer Held (Special Edition) [Blu-ray]- 1986
- Dead Man Walking (Shooting Script)- 1999
- Cradle Will Rock: The Movie and the Moment (Pictorial Moviebook)- 1999
- Shawshank Redemption: Special Edition-2004
- Academy Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role – 2004 · Mystic River
- Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actor – Motion Picture – 2004 ·
- Mystic River Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy – 1993 · The Player
- Cannes Best Actor Award – 1992 · The Player
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role – 2004 · Mystic River
- Critics’ Choice Movie Award for Best Supporting Actor – 2004 · Mystic River
- Gotham Independent Film Tribute Award – 2006
- I ran the spotlight. Swept up. Did the box office. Ran the lighting board. But acting was the most fun.
- When you make the judgment as a network that there are only three candidates, you are censoring points of view.
- Just because someone gets arrested doesn’t mean what they are doing is wrong. Some laws are unfair and unjust.
- Most good actors have a huge intelligence about the human condition and a real open heart to different kinds of people and behavior.
- I think the enemy is self-censorship. In a free society, the biggest danger is that you’re afraid to the point where you censor yourself.
- Toy Soldiers was my introduction to the film. I certainly didn’t think I was doing art by any stretch of the imagination.
- My philosophy is, don’t take no for an answer and be willing to sacrifice your entire project for freedom.
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/tim_robbins